?

Log in

Previous Entry | Next Entry

The Paxton Conundrum, part eighteen!

Posing as injured bystanders, you and Bradley -- the only key to your sister's supposed whereabouts -- manage to slip away from the park where your stolen police helicopter crashed and exploded. You're in the hospital and you've been treated, but the doctors have discovered that Bradley's wound is not from the crash, but from a gunshot! Hospital security is on the way, and the police aren't far behind!

(By the way, those of you who voted to shut down power to the hospital, shame on you. It's a hospital!)

The only option? Grab Bradley and run. THIS IS ...



Yanking the IV out of your arm, you stand. Tearing the curtain separating your bed from Bradley's away, you step forward and say in what you hope is a menacing voice, "back off."

There's a doctor and two nurses standing around Bradley's bed. They seem to be too busy gaping at you to back off as you've commanded, so you shove the nearest one, a female nurse who can't be older than twenty-one and looks sixteen roughly aside. She stumbles back into a rolling tray and falls to the floor. The tray clatters loudly to the ground a moment later, sterile instruments flying.

The doctor and the other nurse automatically move to help her, and you seize the opportunity to yank the IV from Bradley's arm and, much as you did in the park, hoist him over your shoulder. You stagger, still a bit whoozy from the sedative they gave you, but you manage to steady yourself. Kicking the fallen tray out of the way and shoving past the doctor and nurses, you look right and then left, trying to get your bearings and find the exit.

"Hey!" You feel a hand on your shoulder and you whirl around. The other nurse, a man in his forties, has an angry expression on his face. "Put him down!"

Your foot lashes out, the sole of your shoe smashing into the nurse's shin. He howls in pain, a howl that becomes even higher pitched when you drive your knee into his groin. He falls to the ground beside his co-worker.

The attack has left you off-balance, though, and Bradley's dead weight isn't helping. You stagger back. Your head swims, the room spins. There seem to be people standing about, watching you, but you're not a hundred percent sure they're real.

Security will be here any minute. You've got to get out of here, now.

You take a couple uncertain steps. If you can.

This poll is closed.

Where to go?

Right, towards the ambulance bay
1(16.7%)
Left, towards the visitor parking lot
4(66.7%)
Up, to the roof
0(0.0%)
Down, to the basement
1(16.7%)

Tags:

Comments

( 5 comments — Leave a comment )
theemdash
May. 19th, 2011 04:25 pm (UTC)
I'm hoping for a ridiculously expensive car to steal. *crosses fingers*
matthewbowers
May. 19th, 2011 04:48 pm (UTC)
Maybe they'll find Dom Torretto.
theemdash
May. 19th, 2011 04:53 pm (UTC)
Is that the guy from Fast & Furious?
matthewbowers
May. 19th, 2011 04:53 pm (UTC)
Vin himself!
draloreshimare
May. 20th, 2011 03:05 am (UTC)
DIS.

It was either steal a car, or steal an ambulance.
( 5 comments — Leave a comment )